Monday, February 9, 2009

Can you keep a secret?

Josh taught Stella how to tell a secret. To us, it means whispering things in her ear like "I love you" or "Let's read a story." To her, it means grabbing your earlobe and pulling your head close to her lips so she can whisper gibberish in your ear. Here, she is telling Maybel a secret. (the red eye reduction function on my software does not work on dogs. Strange, huh?)
Telling daddy a secret-you can't see the vice-like grip she has on his earlobe

" Come closer, daddy"
"You'll never guess what I just read in Mommy's Toddler 411 book!"

Just reading with Daddy
Saturday night she said she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed. We had Josh's boss and his wife over to play spades, so I didn't think it would be the appropriate time to have a Super Nanny night of going to put her back in bed every 2 minutes. We will try to do it this week for naps and see how it goes. We are not ready to do it at bed time just yet. She needs to go to bed at 8 and we need time to chill out before our bedtime and work the next morning.
I went through all of her baby clothes yesterday and loved every minute of it! I am so glad we are going to have another girl to wear those clothes again. Each little garment had a memory attached to it.
As for baby #2, we are scheduled for a c-section on Friday, April 17th at 7:30 a.m. It's so strange to know her birthdate and time already. I was going to try to have a VBAC, but my doctor said that the risks are too high. Let's hope she stays put until that date! Josh has a work conference in Washington, D.C. that week and will be back Thursday evening. My parents are coming to stay with us in case something happens. Pray that she doesn't come when Josh is out of town! Stella was four days late, so I am hoping this baby will follow her sister's lead. We'll keep you posted if anything changes.




No comments: