Sunday, November 9, 2008

Big Emotion in Your 2 Year Old

The cake
Grandma Polly comforting the birthday girl

How dare you buy me presents!!!


That's the title of my latest article from Babycenter.com. I needed that article because I was beginning to wonder if I had the most emotionally unstable toddler on the planet. She is happy one minute dancing, singing, laughing....then in a split second, she can turn into a weeping, emotional little thing burying her head in our chests. If we compiled a video of the day on Saturday (her birthday), you might think she was bipolar. She was entertaining everyone with her dance moves and having the best time until we introduced the room full of presents. The video rolled as she looked at all of the bags and around the room at all of the watchful eyes. Her lip began to quiver and I knew it was all over. Nap time. After nap, we decided to try out the cake and "Happy Birthday" singing. She was all smiles until the candles came out. The lip quiver came again and wouldn't have anything to do with the CHOCOLATE cake with CHOCOLATE buttercream icing. She finally tried it the next day and loved it. Children....what a mystery.










No comments: