Friday, November 16, 2012

Stella turns SIX!

 Stella asked for a fish for her birthday.  OK, she actually asked for a puppy, but we talked her into a fish.  A Betta (or Japanese Fighting Fish as she tells everyone) named Ally.  Ally is a male, but he is pink, so Stella decided that he would be a girl.  She was so excited.  She said "THIS IS FINTASTIC!  Get it?  FIN-TASTIC?"  I've said it before-she gets her corny from her mama.  

 Homework on her birthday?!?!
 Don't judge the birthday cookie-she chose them!  And we had a bazillion cupcakes at her birthday party two days later.
 Baking birthday party!
I know everyone says this, but I truly cannot believe that my baby Stella is 6.  Time has gone by too fast.  I look at her sometimes and she looks like a teenager.  She is so funny, dramatic, smart, and just a lovely little person in general.  Even when she gets mad at me, I can see the humor in it.  For those of you with older children, I know this will not always be the case.  
But recently, she was sick and I was giving her cold medicine that she hated. She coughed herself to sleep and the next morning, she was hoarse when she woke up.  The first thing out of her mouth was to yell at me- "Nice going, Mom!  You gave me that medicine and now I can't hit my high notes!!!!" 









 Getting ready to make cookies






















 The aforementioned "Boulder Ball"-which is better than hiring a clown for a birthday party

 Cupcake decorating station








No comments: