Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home life





Well, Stella has been keeping me very busy! The days go by too fast. She is constantly on the move and starting to CLIMB! This has been cause for some furniture rearrangement and reevaulation of the safety hazards in our home. New words: "thank you," "cracker," and "mine." At MDO, they told me that she carries around a little plastic baby doll all day and they asked if she had a lot of dolls at home. I said "no" and couldn't believe it had slipped my mind to buy my daughter a doll. She has trucks, legos, block sorters, a scooter, a tent....what, am I raising a boy? No baby dolls? Grandma Polly saved the day and mailed a doll for us and she loves it. She plays with her all the time and wants to dress her and feed her. So cute!
She also just got over roseola. Sound like a pasta dish? No-it was a surprise from Mother's Day Out and a childhood illness we can check off our list. We have been so lucky that she has not been sick. Her temperature reached 104 on Friday and I was terrified. The doctor was not. The ruled out the flu and bacterial infections, so he said it sounded like roseola and this was perfectly normal for her age. She ran a high fever all weekend and got a rash on her stomach and back yesterday. That siginifies the end of roseola. One down, how many to go?


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor little Stella; 104 is very high! Give us a call when everyone is feeling better.

stella said...

I haven't checked my daughters blog in forever and I just saw your comment. What a coincidence, 2 Stella Laines running around. Your daughter is adorable. If she is anything like our Stella, the world better look out! :)

Katherine (The other Stella's mommy)